Sunday, January 30, 2011

Research Update: 01.31.2011

The research is going well.  I'm pointing wasps like a mad scientist.  I'm getting my committee stuff together.  I'm planning on going to the Midwest Ecology and Evolution Conference (MEEC) in April and the ESA (Ecological Society of America) Conference in August.  I'm not presenting anything at MEEC, it's an observational trip.

My good friend Sarah has been helping with the beat net samples, she's got three left to go.  Everything is sorted to order, and counted.  We've got some interesting results (if just a preliminary glimpse of the future.)  Soon I'll teach her how to point so she can help  me with the pan trap samples.  Once the wasps from the pan trap samples are pinned and  pointed it will be identified, to morphospecies, and counted.  Hopefully we'll get some interesting results.

There has been some discussion of additional sampling--to be decided on at the committee meeting, hopefully.

I'm planning on getting my GIS certification -- should help me get a job if I decide to go that route.

It's looking like graduation will be in May 2011 (not December.)  If everything goes according to plan.

I need a car.

No comments:

Post a Comment