Thursday, August 5, 2010

Farewell to Summertime

Well, summer is coming to an end.  Of course, field season doesn't end until the snow hits the ground.  I'm happy with this summer though- I've learned so much about insects, entomology, lab techniques and field techniques.  I've worked SO hard to get where I am now.  I've got two semesters to finish this project and if everything goes according to plan I'll graduate in May.  (yay! graduation!)

As far as work goes I've got several jobs right now, and I'm so busy with work and school and research and family that finding time to sleep is hard, but I'm figuring it out.  I've got so much to do and so much to look forward to-- and I'm a little impatient about it, I keep reminding myself "the journey is more important than the destination."    I'm not really sure why I feel so rushed about this--like I'm ready for the next phase of life--and sometimes I get so caught up in planning for the future that I forget to appreciate the present.

No comments:

Post a Comment