Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My world rocks!

Gearing up for school again!

This semester I'm teaching at the ACRT, tutoring via CSU's TASC, taking a super-awesome course on urban ecology (with two of my favorite teachers), AND I'm finishing up my field work and (hopefully) generating some data for my master's.  If all goes according to plan, I'll graduate in May 2011.  Yep, it's a great time to be me.

In just a few short weeks I've got a Symposium to go to!  I'm not presenting (soon, though) but the talks look like they're gonna be great! (A la Tony The Tiger) 

I thought it would be nice to post a few goals I've been thinking of -- a little reminder to myself that I'm doing all of this for a reason.

Goal 1:  Sort through and identify (to family) initial set of sweepnet collections.
Goal 2:  Examine data from initial set.  (Was it worth it?)
Goal 3:  Invite my family over for dinner.  Cook fancy rustic French food.
Goal 4: Teach Charlie the Cat to walk on a leash.
Goal 5:  Apply to Michigan State University for dual entomology/eeb doctoral program.  (And Ohio State as a backup plan)
Goal 6:  ID and pin pan trap collections.  Afterwards, reek of awesomeness (and ethanol.)
Goal 7:  Get accepted and offered assistantship/stipend at MSU.  (That would be AMAZING)

Well, hopefully I manage to get a few of these in the next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment