Thursday, July 8, 2010

Busy Busy Busy!

ohmygoodness!

Research, working, and keeping up with friends and the family have me runnin!  :) I love it though.

The research is going really well.  I've added sweep nets to the collecting, so I've got a bunch of stuff to sort through!  It's gonna be a really busy winter!  Spent about an hour cleaning my corner of the messy lab-- looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a few years.  Some say a messy lab is just a consequence of genius, I say a messy lab makes it easier to lose things! 

Collecting is a lesson on patience, it's going pretty well-- I'm sorting through the sweepnet stuff when I can, but I'll probably do the majority of that starting in December.  The entire group does quite a bit, it's kind of funny cause we just pull up and descend on the sites, this giant crew that collects and measures and samples as fast as we can, then we jump in the cars and drive off.  In addition to my pan traps and sweep nets we've got pitfall traps, worms, isopods, birds, Mary's group from OSU that does pitfalls and sticky traps.  Collectively we're putting together vegetation height complexity survey--it's INCREDIBLY tedious, and with mowing being unpredictable it's bound to be interesting.  

No comments:

Post a Comment