Monday, August 31, 2009

Week 1 Reflection

I've survived the first week of graduate school. It has been incredible, busy, confusing, fun, challenging. . . . I know that I can excel in the program I'm in but I've been tempted this week to switch it to a doctoral program. I think I'll wait and see how this semester goes, then, maybe, a new change will be in order. I'm pursuing a master's degree in environmental science. This semester my coursework is in wetland ecology, mapping and GIS, entomology techniques and an orientation. I'm starting a laboratory rotation next week, hopefully the only one I'll have to do, and will hopefully have some additional funding for the spring semester. Until then I need to find another job. Any job.

I've developed a pretty good study schedule, and am balancing living by myself (with kitty) and studying pretty good so far. I've just got to keep up with my coursework.

Things are looking up!

No comments:

Post a Comment